Partnerships & External Service Providers
Who needs an MOU, a Contract, and/or a Facility Use Permit?
Any organization or City agency providing services to students, families and/or staff at a school must have an MOU or contract with SFUSD.
- Use an MOU for services free of charge to the school/SFUSD.
- Use a contract for service paid by the site/SFUSD.
- It's one or the other: you would not have both an MOU & Contract for the same program or services.
- Anyone using school facilities outside of the regular school day must have a facility use permit.
Quick guide to forms needed to provide services in schools.
One-pager for SFUSD staff about overall guidelines.
SFUSD guidelines and procedures when providing services for an individual student at a school site.
All About MOUs: Lists, Links & How-To's
Eight 1/2 Things Administrators & Staff Need to Know about service providers & partners
List of approved MOUs has a summary by organization name + links to MOUs in the online platform to view details
Detailed reports about MOUs and services naming specific schools/dept's through Salesforce platform
General MOU info: public web page
Contracts & Specialized MOUs
Summary of services that need special MOU forms and about special MOU templates from the Legal office
Find SFUSD's contract & personal service agreement templates
Virtual Services & Tech Access
Tech Access FAQs - when providing virtual services through SFUSD's digital platforms
Tips for Staff about non-employee SFUSD emails (AUP's)
Guidance for Service Providers: Communicating with Students on Digital Platforms
Working with Volunteers
- Volunteer Requirements - from the online version of the Student and Family Handbook
- San Francisco Education Fund
- Sign up to volunteer in a school!
- Fingerprinting and tuberculosis clearance for SFUSD volunteers
- General MOU info and FAQs
- If volunteers are working with an outside agency, the agency must have an MOU with SFUSD. The agency is responsible for the fingerprinting and tuberculosis test for their volunteers.
- SFUSD Board of Education Policy 4710 provides that parents do not need to get fingerprinted if they are volunteering at their own child's school.
Parents and Families
Partnerships with Families and Community
SFUSD's strategic plan Transform Learning. Transform Lives. charts the course toward our vision and requires us to further pursue innovative practices and system changes that will accelerate results for students from PreK through 12th grade and beyond.
Our Theory of Action:
These are the actions we believe are our greatest levers to ensure our overall vision of graduating every student ready for college, career and life comes true. If we...
- Engage our students to learn via a rigorous Common Core-based curriculum in a safe and supportive classroom environment;
Invest in building and developing the capacity of teachers, leaders and school staff;
Enlist our partners and empower families in a community schools approach;
And coherently align supports and resources to execute our strategies in action at all levels of the organization (classroom, school and central office, along with supportive policy and governance);
Then, every student who enrolls in our schools will graduate prepared to succeed in college, career and life.
This page was last updated on March 27, 2023