Child Development Permits

What do they authorize?

There are different levels of Child Development permits which authorize the holder to serve in Early Education Schools (includes infants, toddlers, Pre-K, and out-of-school time). At minimum, to teach in an Early Education School at SFUSD, you must hold a Child Development Teacher Permit or higher. Depending on the position, you may also have to complete a certain number of Child Development units and/or obtain a Multiple Subjects credential and/or a Bilingual Authorization.

CTC leaflet on Child Development Permits

*Please note the SFUSD Credential Office does not apply for Child Development Permits, but City College of San Francisco can assist you with the process. Please contact their office at 415-452-5605 to set up an appointment.

This page was last updated on July 6, 2022