Evening and Saturday school Is offered during the Fall and Spring Semesters to high school students who need to retake a course for credit recovery and that meet the following requirements:
- Need credit recovery (received a grade of F in the original course)
Want to retake a course to improve grade (received a grade of D in the original course)
Have not taken a required course for graduation
SFUSD partners with the City College of San Francisco's (CCSF) Transitional Studies Program (TRST).
- TRST non-credit classes allow students to recover SFUSD high school credits.
- Though students will not receive college credit, they will start their relationship with CCSF before they graduate from SFUSD.
Evening School Courses meet twice a week
- Either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday
- From 4:30-6:30 p.m. at various locations in San Francisco
- Each course runs through the whole semester and is worth 5 credits
- Students can take up to 2 courses per semester.
Saturday School courses are every Saturday
- From 9:00-1:50 pm at various locations in San Francisco.
- Courses run the whole semester and each course is worth 5 credits.
The Transitional Studies Department of CCSF Offers credit recovery options for high school students.
- Students have the opportunity to enroll in non-credit transitional studies courses free of charge
*Please note that CCSF instructors only communicate about grades and attendance with the student
Talk to your High school counselor, who will work with students and families to register students