Summer internships are on hold until the Shelter In Place is lifted. We will provide updates as soon as guidance changes.
Earn $2,000! Most internships are 20 hours per week for a total of 120 hours, at $16.50/hour in June.
Most internship begin around June 3 and run through July 17 or July 24.
Internships require a CCSF course, a weekly seminar, or credit recovery course.
Summer internships are on hold until the Shelter In Place is lifted. We will provide updates as soon as guidance changes. Explore a Career Path Today!
Learn all about available internships, getting hired, and getting credit for your high school work experience.
We have both school year and summer internships!
Interns must be a student in SFUSD.
Check out the links below for more information.
Summer internships are on hold until the Shelter In Place is lifted. We will provide updates as soon as guidance changes. Available Internships
Learn more about the available summer internships that SFUSD has to offer. Find one that works for you!
What Happens Next?
After you submit a completed the Summer 2020 Interest Survey:
- Within a week of responding to the interest survey, someone from the SFUSD Internship Team will reach out to you via email with an invitation to apply for an internship program or to let you know that you have been placed on a wait list.
- In the invitation email, you will be given a link to sign up for a mandatory SFUSD Hiring & Application Session, which will be held at high schools from March until May. At these help sessions, you can get support to apply to CCSF and complete hiring forms.
- Once you have signed up for a hiring session, you will need to gather together Documents and Signed Forms and your TB clearance Form
- Open up a Bank Account and complete the Direct Deposit Form.
- Complete the CCSF application on your own or during a Hiring & Application Session. You must also submit a CCSF Consent Form if your internship includes a CCSF class.
- Once you have completed all of the Summer Internship Enrollment Steps, you will be offered a final internship placement and a work schedule.
- If you do not come to the hiring session prepared with your documentation, you will be moved to the next round of placements that will be offered on a space available basis.
Getting Hired as a High School Intern
Find out here what the steps are to get hired by SFUSD. Once these steps are complete, you will be offered an internship placement.
Tips and Tools for High School Interns
Tips and Tools for Surviving and Thriving in your High School Internship
- What to do on your First Day
- Internship Handbooks
- Using Time Clock Wizard
- Checking your Paystub
- Payroll Calendars