2021 Summer internships
Summer Internships teach you valuable job skills and allow you to explore various career fields. Most of CCR's Internships are connected to a City College of San Francisco course, so you'll also earn college credit, and learn about CCSF career preparation programs. You can also take credit recovery or a CCSF course on their own, without an internship.
Internships are available for all current SFUSD high school students who will be 14 or older by 6/1/21.
- Current seniors may receive an internship leading to fall matriculation at CCSF and additional jobs working with children.
- Sophomores and juniors have the most options for internships.
- Few internships are available for 9th graders. Best chance is to apply to work with children.
Most internships are working with youth to learn about careers working with children. Other topics may be integrated including health, technology, arts, gardening and more. A limited number of internships may be available in other career fields working in offices (or virtually).
Click this link to complete your SFUSD College & Career Readiness Summer 2021 Pre-Application by no later than Friday, 4/9/21.
For more information about additional opportunities in the Greater Bay Area this summer, check out this SF High School Summer Guide, provided by SFUSD's College & Career Readiness.
You can also check out internships with the City's Opportunities For All (OFA) here by Friday, June 4, 2021.
What Happens Next?
After you submit a completed the Summer 2021 Pre-Application Survey (see link above):
- After responding to the interest survey, if chosen, someone from the SFUSD Internship Team will reach out to you via email with next steps. You may also be contacted by the SFUSD Early College team or Credit Recovery.
- In the invitation email, you will be given a link to sign up for a mandatory SFUSD Hiring & CCSF Application Session, which will be held in March and April. At these help sessions, you will receive support to apply to CCSF and complete the hiring process.
- Once you have been assigned a hiring session, you will need to obtain the necessary items if you have them (including a signed Social Security Card or Valid US Passport + Social Security Number). If you do not have a Social Security Number, we will provide other instructions.
- Open up a Bank Account (if you don't already have one) and complete the Direct Deposit Form.
- At the application sessions, you will complete the CCSF Application; if you have applied to CCSF before, please track down your CCSF ID (starts with a "W" or a "@"). If you have never applied before, you will need to have a non-SFUSD personal email address.
- Once you have completed all of the Summer Internship Enrollment Steps, you will be offered a final internship placement and work schedule.
- If you do not come to the hiring session, or do not come prepared with your documentation, you may be moved to the next round of placements, if any, that will be offered on a space available basis.
Apply to CCSF
Your internship includes a CCSF course with the exception of Career Pathway Fellowships and Mosaic Creative Careers
Tips and Tools for High School Interns
Tips and Tools for Surviving and Thriving in your High School Internship:
- Checking your Paystub
- Payroll Calendars
Office of College and Career Readiness
Bay Area Work Based Learning Opportunities
Work Based Learning give students opportunities to explore careers and gain skills through immersive experiences. Our resource padlet, supported by the Bay Area Community College Consortium, offers many opportunities for students -and- education professionals to learn and grow including:
- Career Fairs & Speakers.
- Industry focused webinars and Job Shadows.
- Professional Development for Teachers.
- Recorded virtual events provided by Bay Area partners.