More information about summer internships will be available on February 1...check back then!
Earn up to $2,000! Most internships are 20 hours per week for a total of 120 hours, at $16.50/hour in June.
Most internship begin in early June and run through mid to late July.
Internships require a CCSF course, a weekly seminar, or credit recovery course.
What Happens Next?
After you submit a completed the Summer 2021 Pre-Application Survey (available Feb 1):
- Within a week of responding to the interest survey, someone from the SFUSD Internship Team will reach out to you via email with an invitation to apply for an internship program or to let you know that you have been placed on a wait list.
- In the invitation email, you will be given a link to sign up for a mandatory SFUSD Hiring & Application Session, which will be held March through May. At these help sessions, you will receive support to apply to CCSF and complete hiring forms.
- Once you have signed up for a hiring session, you will need to gather together Documents and Signed Forms and your TB clearance Form
- Open up a Bank Account (if you don't already have one) and complete the Direct Deposit Form.
- Complete the CCSF application on your own or during a Hiring & Application Session; you must also submit a CCSF Consent Form if your internship includes a CCSF class.
- Once you have completed all of the Summer Internship Enrollment Steps, you will be offered a final internship placement and a work schedule.
- If you do not come to the hiring session prepared with your documentation, you will be moved to the next round of placements that will be offered on a space available basis.
Apply to CCSF
Your internship includes a CCSF course with the exception of Career Pathway Fellowships and Mosaic Creative Careers
Tips and Tools for High School Interns
Tips and Tools for Surviving and Thriving in your High School Internship:
- Checking your Paystub
- Payroll Calendars