Accept or Decline Your Round 2 School Assignment
All Round 2 school assignments will be available the week of June 7, 2021.
Log into ParentVUE (Family Portal) and click on the "Documents" tab to see your assignment letter**. For instructions, follow the steps on sfusd.edu/documents. A physical copy of the assignment letter will also be mailed to the applicant’s home address.
If you do not receive your Round 2 assignment letter within one week of June 7, please contact the Educational Placement Center (EPC).
**Note that if you are in Online Forms, you have to click "ParentVUE" at the top right before you can get to the Documents tab. The Documents tab is currently blank when using an iPad or iPhone and using Chrome and Firefox web browsers. You may download the ParentVUE app or use a non-mobile device. Visit sfusd.edu/parentvue-known-issues for more information.
How to Accept or Decline
When you receive your school assignment letter, you must accept or decline your assignment by June 18, 2021. Families who do not respond by June 18 will not be enrolled for school next year. SFUSD recommends that you accept your assignment even if you apply for a different school (see below). We recommend that you only decline if you do not plan on attending SFUSD.
You can accept or decline online in ParentVUE (see steps below) or by paper using the response form that was mailed with your assignment letter.
You can still decline your assignment after June 18 in ParentVUE (see steps below) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online: Family Portal (ParentVUE)
All SFUSD families, new or current, are provided a ParentVUE account. If you do not have an account yet, please visit sfusd.edu/activate to get started.
- Go to portal.sfusd.edu and choose ParentVUE.
- Click “Online Forms” on the upper right-hand corner. If you are using the ParentVUE mobile app, click "Online Registration" then click "Open Online Registration".
- Select “2021-2022 Accept/Decline Assignment”
(after April 9, you can still Decline Assignment by selecting "2021-2022 Decline Assignment")
- Click “Start New Application”
- Read the instructions and follow the prompts to Accept or Decline the school offer.
For tips on using the portal for Online Forms, please see http://sfusd.edu/ola.
If you cannot use ParentVUE, use the response form that was mailed with your assignment letter. For more help, please call your assigned school, or the Educational Placement Center at 415-241-6085.
Submit your response form in one of the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail to “Educational Placement Center, Room 100, 555 Franklin St., San Francisco CA 94102”
- Text a photo to 415-376-7346
- Drop it off in a secure dropbox in the lobby of our 555 Franklin Street office
Apply for a different school
If you want to try for a different school, we suggest that you participate in both the Wait Pool and Open Enrollment. You can also submit an appeal. If you have questions about the best next step, please attend one of our Virtual Workshops so a counselor can help.
- The Wait Pool is a request for one school. Wait Pool requests are granted from August 16 through September 3 if openings exist for the requested schools. Learn more about Wait Pool.
- Open Enrollment is immediate enrollment into a school with openings and no Wait Pool requests. Enrollment is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Learn more about Open Enrollment.
- You can also submit a Round 2 Placement Appeal by June 18 if you have a medical or family hardship. Learn more about Appeals.