The following information is for applying to grades TK through 12. If you want to apply to Prekindergarten, please visit the Early Education page.
The Main Round application deadline for the 2024-25 school year was on February 2, 2024 and has now passed.
- If you submitted an application for SY 2024-25 before the February 2nd deadline, you do not need to submit another application now. Your student’s assignment will be mailed to you and viewable on ParentVUE the week of March 18, 2024.
- If you did not already submit an application for SY 2024-25, you can submit a Round 2 application before the Round 2 deadline (April 19, 2024) by following the instructions below. Round 2 school assignments will be communicated the week of May 27, 2024.
1) Gather your required documents
2) Complete and Submit Your 2024-25 Application
Submit an Online Application (Learn how to submit an online application)
Download a PDF application in your preferred language
(English | Español | 中文 | Tagalog | العربي | Tiếng Việt | Gagana Sāmoa
See here on how to submit a paper or PDF application.
Don't forget to include these required documents.
3) If needed, schedule a Language Assessment for your student.
Students in TK-8 who speak a language other than English and wish to enroll in a language program may need be assessed for their current language skills. An Enrollment Counselor may reach out to schedule a language assessment. Click here to learn more.
SFUSD staff applying to the same school they currently work at
If you are a permanent, full-time site based district staff member who lives in San Francisco AND one of the schools you are applying to includes the same school that you currently work at, please write or enter your SFUSD ID on your application.
If you do not receive an assignment to the school where you currently work and you wish to have your child attend school there, you can submit an appeal and be granted an approval. Information on how to file an appeal will be included in your assignment letter in March 2024.
All new applicants need to submit required documents. Please gather these documents and have them ready when filling out your application.
Students in grades TK-8 who speak a language other than English at home and wish to enroll in a language program may need to be assessed for their current language skills. An Enrollment Counselor may reach out to schedule a language assessment. Click here to learn more.
|February 2, 2024
|Main Round Deadline. Last day to submit, revise or cancel TK -12 applications.
|Week of March 18, 2024
|Main Round assignment letters mailed to families who applied by February 2.
If you need support or would like to speak with a counselor, please call 415-241-6085.
More 4 year olds are now eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK)! Please visit our TK page to learn more.
Need Additional Help?
Application and Forms
This page was last updated on February 6, 2024