Second Grade - Reading
Pick a print or online book at your level and read every day!
- Check out Marina la bibliotecaria de Dolores Huerta (English and Spanish), Storyline Online
- Tara Ramos ( Sanchez) (Spanish)
- Read alouds or books to read online uniteforliteracy (Spanish)
- Read a leveled book online from RazKids (English)
- With your SF Library Card, you can borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and comics for free from Hoopla.
- Read a leveled book online in Spanish from Raz Kids or Tumble Books
After Reading: Think and Write about Reading
- Comprehension check-in:
- Retell the beginning, middle (problem), end (solution) of the story.
- What was the most important event in the story and why?
- Think about the characters - how do they feel? What challenges do they face?
- For non-fiction books: