Application Forms

20-21 Enrollment Application & Resources

Application Forms

There is only one general enrollment application form for grades TK-12. Students new to SFUSD must submit the application form, along with all necessary documents, to the Educational Placement Center by January 17, 2020. Please see our additional application collection sites.

Note: Lowell High School 9th grade applicants must submit BOTH the general SFUSD Enrollment Application AND the Lowell 9th Grade Application by December 13, 2019.

Enrollment Guides

Discovery Presentation

All-in-one Schools Map

English Learner Program Guides

J1 Visa Holders

Approved J1 exchange organizations must contact the Educational Placement Center directly. 

19-20 Enrollment Application & other forms

General application form for grades TK-12

This application form is used for current year enrollment. Besides the completed application form, families new to SFUSD must provide a parent's photo ID, student's proof of birth (birth certificate or hospital record), and one proof of San Francisco home address. All required documents must be submitted in person at the Educational Placement Center. New families will work with a placement counselor to find out the schools with space availability.

Application form for Pre-Kindergarten

Change of Address

To change your address you will need to submit required documents and the change of address form to the Educational Placement Center. A Parent/Guardian must provide a picture ID and one (1) proof of home address.

Interdistrict Transfer Students

This form is for residents of San Francisco who wish to attend school in another district.                                           

Students living outside of San Francisco who want to attend a SFUSD school must apply for an interdistrict transfer permit from the school district where they live. If the student’s district of residence approves the permit, it will be forwarded to the SFUSD EPC for approval. Students must submit a SFUSD enrollment application with their out-of-district address, and the documents needed for SFUSD enrollment.

Change of School Roster Information

This form is for students who wish to use a preferred name/gender instead of legal name/gender on school roster.

Change of Name

This form is used to make a change to the students name. New name change must be on court document & or updated birth certificate.