Enrollment Application & Resources
2020-2021 Enrollment Application (For next school Year)
If you missed the deadline on Jan 17th, 2020 and are applying for the FIRST time for the 2020-21 school year, you can still submit an application. There is only one general enrollment application form for grades TK-12. Students new to SFUSD must submit the application form, along with all necessary required documents, to the Educational Placement Center by April 10th, 2020. Letter notifications are sent out week of May 18th, 2020 for the April 10th deadline.
- General Enrollment Application for Grades TK-12 (Legal Size) | (Letter Size) (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- Additional School Choices Form in English/Chinese/Spanish (Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي) (Only use this to add more schools to your list after all spaces are filled in on you general enrollment application)
- Application Revision Form for May in English/Chinese/Spanish | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي) (New applicants. Use this form ONLY after you have submitted you general enrollment application and need update you school list or rank order before April 10th, 2020)
If you submitted your application form on or before the deadline of January 17th, 2020 and want to continue into the next assignment run AFTER you have received your offer letter notification in the week of March 23rd 2020 and did not get your school choice or want a higher preference school, you will need to fill May Placement Application form and submit to the Educational Placement Center by April 10th. Letter notifications are sent out week of May 18th, 2020.
- Form coming soon!
Note: Lowell High School 9th grade applicants must submit BOTH the general SFUSD Enrollment Application AND the Lowell 9th Grade Application by December 13, 2019. Submission date passed, we are no longer taking applications for Lowell.
- Lowell 9th Grade Application and Instructions (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- Lowell Band Summary (Español | 中文 |Sắp có tiếng việt |Malapit na Tagalog | قريبا العربية)
- Lowell Admissions Policy (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
Change of Address
Interdistrict Transfer Students
This form is for residents of San Francisco who wish to attend school in another district.
Students living outside of San Francisco who want to attend a SFUSD school must apply for an interdistrict transfer permit from the school district where they live. If the student’s district of residence approves the permit, it will be forwarded to the SFUSD EPC for approval. Students must submit a SFUSD enrollment application with their out-of-district address, and the documents needed for SFUSD enrollment.
Change of Name
2019-2020 Current Enrollment Application
19-20 Enrollment Application form for grades TK-12 (Current School Year)
This application form is used for current year enrollment. Besides the completed application form, families new to SFUSD must provide a parent's photo ID, student's proof of birth (birth certificate or hospital record), and one proof of San Francisco home address. All required documents must be submitted in person at the Educational Placement Center. New families will work with a placement counselor to find out the schools with space availability.
Application form for Pre-Kindergarten
- General Application Process (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- Lowell 9th Grade Application Process (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
All-in-one Schools Map
English Learner Program Guides
J1 Visa Holders
Approved J1 exchange organizations must contact the Educational Placement Center directly.
- Application Form for J1 Visa Students (for approved J1 exchange organizations only)