Ida B. Wells High School
Ida B. Wells High School is an alternative school established to serve students who are age 16 and older who are seeking to complete the high school portion of their education in a setting with smaller classes, an array of credit recovery opportunities, and a supportive, family-like learning environment. We provide a small school setting and individualized attention. Special programs include Culinary Arts, Drama, Computer Applications and Robotics, Ceramics, and Surfing.
Lemanski & Rockwell Architects Inc.
|General Contractor:||JUV, Inc|
|Bid Amount (Hard Cost):||$11,888,000|
|Change Order Amount:||$1,292,950 (10.88% of bid amount)|
|Final Contract Amount:||$13,180,950|
The scope of work is generally described as upgrades to existing and new accessibility features, including:
- New concrete ramp, stairs, and railings.
- Exterior grading, paving, concrete stair & landing replacement and path of travel improvements.
- Replacement of all doors and hardware.
- Complete reconstruction of all sanitary facilities.
- Demolition of all interior building partitions and finishes for seismic upgrade including: new concrete shear walls and foundations, full height shotcrete on exterior masonry walls, and new horizontal diaphragm at attic level.
- Full fire sprinkler system including new fire water underground supply and fire pump.
- Replacement of all interior partitions, fixtures and finishes.
- Replacement of building plumbing and electrical systems.
- Upgrade of controls and distribution of (e) heating & ventilations system.
- Removal of (E) terra cotta cornice and replacement with new sheet metal cornice.
- Replacement of all windows.
- Replacement of all exterior doors, frames and transoms.
- Masonry and terra cotta repairs, cleaning, and restoration.
This page was last updated on August 22, 2022