Kitchen/Dining Facilities Improvement
$20 million is identified in the Prop A 2016 Bond for the Kitchen and Dining Facilities Improvement program. This program is to perform work at school sites that have not been modernized as part of bond work and also not part of 2016 modernization projects.
The objectives of this bond work are to identify school sites suitable for converting warming kitchen to cooking kitchen, repair and replace kitchen facilities and equipment to meet current codes, and redesign dining facilities to enhance the dining experience.
Marina Middle School Kitchen Grand Opening
On November 1, SFUSD celebrate the opening of our newest kitchen at Marina Middle School with a ribbon cutting ceremony, tour, and menu samples.
Student Nutrition Services Projects
Standard Kitchen Renovation Scope
Standard kitchen renovation scope includes but not limited to:
- Installation of new kitchen equipment and serving lines;
- New ceiling, flooring and wall finishes;
- Installation of new mechanical, plumbing, electrical and fire alarm systems;
- Warming kitchen: A kitchen facility where food is warmed in re-themalization ovens prior to being served (pre-packed, unitized meals). Pre-cooked ingredients will be received at this type of facility.
- Production kitchen: A kitchen facility where meals will be assembled onsite and light cooking may be needed to process raw ingredients. Pre-cooked ingredients will be received at this type of facility.
- Cooking kitchen: A kitchen facility where all raw ingredients will be processed for preparation of meal to serve the on-site school population only.
- Regional Kitchen: A kitchen facility where all raw ingredients will be processed for school meals, and cooked ingredients will be distributed to Warming and Production facilities from this location. If this kitchen is at a school site it will also serve the on-site school population.
A.P. Giannini Middle School
Dr. Charles Drew Elementary School
John O'Connell High School
Marina Middle School
McAteer Culinary Center
Thurgood Marshall High School
This page was last updated on November 14, 2022