September Paraeducator Bulletin
Stay up-to-date with important information for paraeducators presented in the monthly newsletter!
Paraeducator Training Decks
Paraeducators are critically important to schools, teachers, and students—and they face unique challenges in classrooms they work in every day. Here are some of the resources that CEC has developed for paraeducators and the teachers and Administrators who work with them. Free On Demand Virtual Training
Guidance and information about the role of Paraeducators in SFUSD -
Resources for Paraeducators:
Summer Opportunity: Therapeutic Recreation Camps
SF Rec & Parks is gearing up for Summer Day Camps 2023- we are hiring for summer for our Therapeutic Recreation camps!
Our team runs a day camps for youth with disabilities, which is a great summer job for paraeducators or school support staff who are not working ESY, or want to do something different for the summer. In our camps, we practice social skills, learn new recreation activities, make friends, and try new experiences in a community environment. We based out of Eureka Valley Rec Center in the Castro district.
PTR & Inclusion available summer positions:
- 3264 Day Camp Assistant (Needs HD Diploma or GED) Application Link Here
- 3279 Recreation Leader (Needs HS Diploma or GED and minimum 500 hours of experience) Application Link Here
Recreation Leaders need a minimum of 500 hours of experience. Paraeducator hours counts, since our programs specialize in youth with disabilities.
- NEW Camp Assistants - Please apply ASAP.
- NEW Recreation Leaders - Letters of verification are needed. Start the process now, since these documents are needed before an interview can be scheduled. We are interviewing now (March & April)
- *ALL Applicants should email email@example.com when the application is complete so they do not get lost
Try these On Line Courses!
Autism Focused Intervention Resources & Modules
AFIRM Modules are designed to help you learn the step-by-step process of planning for, using, and monitoring an EBP with learners with ASD from birth to 22 years of age. Supplemental materials and handouts are available for download.
Click on the link below to create an account and start accessing the courses!
Click on the links below to access the courses!
Consider AUDITING THIS UC DAVIS COURSE:
This page was last updated on September 8, 2023