Partnerships with communities and our families are key to helping students be their best. SFUSD is constantly working to engage and empower families and to build meaningful partnerships beyond school walls. Below are resources for building family partnerships, including the Parent Guide for Report Cards.
SFUSD's Standards for Engaging and Empowering Families
- Supporting strong relationships: Schools welcome and respect families, build community, and actively engage family members to resolve conflicts.
- Facilitating two-way communication: Schools actively reach out to families in clear ways that encourage exchange of perspectives.
- Linking to learning: Families are encouraged to be involved in their children’s learning.
- Valuing diversity: Schools affirm students’ diverse cultures, backgrounds and family structures, and school staff demonstrate cultural competence.
- Speaking up for every student: Families are empowered to advocate for their own and other children.
- Sharing power and decision-making: Families are empowered to participate in decisions about their children, schools, and the district.
- Connecting families to community resources: Schools help families access useful community resources and services.
Our standards for family engagement were adapted from national, research-based models to reflect the needs of our diverse student and family populations, in collaborative discussions among district staff, parent leaders, and community partners.
Expanded Learning Resources
After-school programs seek to maximize the resources of the entire school community to advance SEL and student well-being. They include expanded learning opportunities, early learning and care programs, and family and community partnerships.
See Excel SEL 101: Creating After School Programs Where SEL Thrives for detailed resources aligned with SFUSD's SEL constructs of Self-Management, Social Awareness, Growth Mindset, and Self-Efficacy
Parent Guides for Report Cards
The purpose of the TK-5 Standards Based Report Cards (SBRC) is to provide a concise and periodic tool for communication among teachers, parents, and students that includes comprehensible information about a child’s social-emotional and academic development and unique assets.
Parent Guides containing tips for families to support their children at home and at school within each content area are available here in six languages.
Email us at email@example.com
To give feedback on this website or supporting documents please click here.
This page was last updated on May 18, 2022