- PACER (Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run)
- One-Mile Run
- Walk Test (Ages 13+)
Upper Body Strength and Endurance
- Modified Pull-Up
- Flexed-Arm Hang
- Back-Saver Sit and Reach
- Shoulder Stretch
Abdominal Strength and Endurance
Trunk Extensor Strength and Flexibility
- Trunk Lift
Material For Testing
Resources for PFT Test Administrators
- PFT Reference Guide
- This guide is designed to assist staff in becoming familiar with the California PFT. It includes detailed descriptions of the fitness areas, the data collection requirements, the performance standards, and suggestions for facilitating the administration of the different test options.
- FITNESSGRAM® Fitness Areas, Test Options, and Equipment
- List of materials needed for each activity.
- PFT Administration Videos
- PFT videos that comply with California Code of Regulations are provided for all of the FITNESSGRAM tests, as described in the current FITNESSGRAM Test Administration Manual.
- Parent Notification Letter
Entering Student Results
- Data entry Interface on Illuminate: California Physical Fitness Test (PFT) 2023
- Link to the SFUSD Illuminate system data interface for entering PFT results. Sign in by signing in to SFUSD.edu and then clicking on Google logo
- Physical Fitness Test Data Entry Instructions
- Instructions on entering data using Illuminate.
- PFT Video Data Entry Instructions
This page was last updated on March 7, 2023