Bus Safety Rules
Riding the yellow school bus to and from school is a privilege. Students must obey the rules or lose the privilege. Students who ride the bus are expected to:
- Be on time at the bus stop.
- Show good manners at the bus stop. This includes staying near the bus stop area, keeping off private property, not disturbing plants or shrubs. Bus stops are a part of school jurisdiction and all school rules apply.
- Obey the bus driver.
School Bus Rules and Conduct
- Students must follow safety procedures.
- Students must not destroy property.
- Students must not fight, push, or trip.
- Students must not eat, drink, or litter on the bus.
- Students must not use unacceptable language.
- Students must remain seated until the bus driver arrives at the stop, and the bus door is opened.
The following consequences will occur for student misconduct on the school bus:
- First offense
- (A) Conference with the student.
- (B) Parent/guardian/caregiver will be notified.
- (C) Warning citation will be issued.
- Second offense
- Restorative conference with student and parent/guardian (and others impacted by student behavior).
- Third offense
- (A) Written notification to parent/guardian/caregiver.
- (B) Student will be denied bus transportation for 3-5 days.
- Fourth offense
- After notifying the parent/guardian/caregiver, permanent suspension from all SFUSD bus transportation for the remainder of the school year.
This page was last updated on August 22, 2021