Getting Started with Seesaw
Seesaw is a tool to create and share work with teachers, students and families. Many classes in SFUSD, are using Seesaw as a platform for assignments. Seesaw has two different ways that teachers can connect with students and families. The following resources will highlight Seesaw Class App and Seesaw Family App.
Seesaw Class App
Seesaw is a platform for student engagement that inspires students of all ages to do their best, and saves teachers time!
Students use creative tools to take pictures, draw, record videos and more to capture learning in a portfolio.
How do students get started ?
1. Visit clever.sfusd.edu.
2. If prompted to log in, click on "Login with Gmail" to use your SFUSD email, or click on "Clever Badge log in" to use your Clever badge.
3. Find the Seesaw icon and click it.
4. Add a post to your Seesaw class by clicking on the green plus.
5. Respond to an activity from your teacher by clicking on the "Activities" tab and then on "Add Response"
What can students do on Seesaw Class app?
- Open and do assignments
- Capture and upload audio & video
- Add to their journal
- Comment on each other’s work
Seesaw Family App
A special platform made exclusively for parents and guardians to stay updated with their child’s learning journey throughout the day
(Students use the Class App, Families use the Family App)
How do families get started?
Follow these steps to get started:
Your child’s teacher will share a link(via email/text) or QR code.
Tap 'Create Family Account'
Scan the QR code on the handout that your child's educator passed out. Make sure it says your child's name at the top.
Create your account to see your child's journal! Make sure to allow notifications to get real-time updates about new posts.
What can families do?
Watch this video to take a closer look at how the app works
- Like or comment on work your child adds to their Seesaw portfolio by turning on alert notifications
- Privately message with the teacher in Announcements, which automatically translates up to 15 languages
- Share your child’s successes with loved ones near and far (10 family members can be added per student)
This page was last updated on January 21, 2022