Description of Program
- English Learners who are native Cantonese speakers
- Bilingual Students that speak Cantonese and English
- English proficient students
- In Kindergarten, 70% instruction in Cantonese, 30% instruction in English. Instruction in Cantonese decreases to 50% by 5th grade, with 50% of instruction in English.
- Curriculum integrates Chinese World Language Proficiency Targets.
K-5 Pathway Eligibility
- Based on DLI research, the district will assign an appropriate balance of students who are proficient in Cantonese (2/3 to 1/2) and students who have not demonstrated proficiency in Cantonese (1/3 to 1/2). To demonstrate proficiency, students who indicate a language other than English on the home language survey are assessed in Cantonese.
- Chinese Immersion School at DeAvila
- Garfield Elementary School
- West Portal Elementary School
Filter / Search for schools with language programs using SFUSD's School Search
This page was last updated on June 30, 2022